Today’s blog post is about sharing a handpicked selection of compact sized chairs for a small dining room area. Space is often an issue if you lead an urban life but thankfully some manufacturer designed products that can fit a small space and still look good.
My inspiration: Creating a breakfast nook in my kitchen
Adding a dining area to our kitchen has been on our mind for some time but we are very constrained by space so every centimetre counts. Although I am pleased to have the living room separate from the kitchen, I do buy-in the conviviality that comes with cooking and eating in the same area. So we are currently in the process of designing and creating our own kitchen nook with a newly found exposed brick wall. This is a DIY project. You can follow the progress on my instagram (link at the bottom) until I create a blog post dedicated to it. A little area just for two or three seats will be plenty so that we can enjoy breakfast and weekly dinners without faffing between two rooms.
This led me to research dining chairs that are small but pack a punch in term of design appeal, quality of build and have a timeless look that could fit in any interiors.
Most of them are made in wood, but a few are made of recycled material! Continue reading for more….
10 Dinning Chairs for Small Spaces
- Hay J77 Chair (Skandium)– made with beech wood
- Billiani Gradisca 620 Chair (Stewardstyling) – made with beech wood
- Kitson Chair (Made.com) – made with plywood, ash veneer
- Habitat – Oregan Chair – made with oak wood
- Menu – Afteroom Dinning Chair 4 (NordicNest) – made with powder-coated black steel and veneer
- TipToe – SSD Chair – made with wood and steel
- Hay – J41 Chair (Utility Design) – made with oak or beech wood
- Karimoku – Castor Chair (Twentytwentyone) – made with oak wood
- Qeeboo – K Chair (Tattahome) – made with polypropylene
- Ercol – Original Stacking Chair (Heals) – made with ash and beech wood
To give you a more tangible feel for these chairs, see below a few lifestyle pictures (Image courtesy of the respective brand owners)
So here they are. I don’t know about you but I find it difficult to pick amongst so many beautiful chairs!
Have a lovely day,