The Spring 2020 lockdown reshuffled our home habits in many ways. One of them is having two people working from home with different working styles. For instance, I like a quiet working area as my creative work is heavily computer-based requiring attention to detail. Whereas my partner needs to be on the phone or videocalls for most of the day. At the beginning, I just left him to the office room and started invading the dining room table but soon I realise that I needed to bring a more permanent form of organisation to this room too. It would need to be simple, functional and yet stylish. That’s, where Muji range of home organisation and pared-back stationery, came into play!
Disclaimer: This blog post is a collaboration with Muji. All views, photography* and product selection were my own. I have been gifted the items to produce content around them.
*with the exception of the products cut-outs.
Repurposing a Dining bench into Open Storage
I converted the dining bench into a storage area with the discrete PP Drawers in grey. It allows me to store stationery, fabric samples, paper, shipment supplies, etc away. These drawers are stackable so I can add more if my needs change! The A4 Craft Cardboard Magazine Holders allowed me to hide the interior magazines and books I use for inspiration yet make them easy to reach. The large Circular Fan White allows me to have a comfortable breeze of airflow when I am working on the computer while remaining very silent thanks to its low noise design. It is my current favourite Office Must-have!
In order to bring wellbeing into play, I chose a Circular Fan White which is by far the more stylish I’ve seen and extremely quiet! An Unglazed Ceramic Stone diffusing a subtle essential oil smell is placed on my desk. Keeping my mood uplifted during working hours. The stationary like the ABS Stapler , White 12-Digit Calculator has a petite size and minimalist design which fits nicely into my decor. I like white stationery in general as the colour disappears on my desk and as a result, doesn’t feel so messy even when I have most of them on the desk.
The storage cabinet was also in need of a little clean up so I used the PP Drawers and rattan baskets to separate areas. The cabinet looks neater and I can access what I need much faster. Maybe one day I’ll think about adding some name tags but for now, this is working perfectly for me! Thank you Muji!
Summary of Items Styled Above:
- A4 26x37x9 PP Drawer units White Grey x3 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=84&PID=10377
- A4 26x37x17,5 PP Drawer units White Grey x1 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=84&PID=10376
- A4 26x37x17,5 PP Drawer units White Grey x2 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=84&PID=10383
- PP Drawer Unit A4 2 Drawers White 37x26x9cm x2 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=84&PID=10381&qclr=4550002118990
- PP Drawer Unit A4 White 37x26x17.5cm x2 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=84&PID=10378&qclr=4550002108311
- A4 Craft Angle File Magazine Holders – 5 Pack https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=14&Sub=57&PID=3403&qclr=4550002081348
- Rattan Basket with Handle 15x22x9cm x2 https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=9&Sub=150&PID=8578
- Circulator fan white, https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=8&Sub=29&PID=9739
- Desk fan white, https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=8&Sub=29&PID=9782
- 12-digit Calculator, https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=13&Sub=17&PID=9431
- Light Grey Notebook x2, https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=12&Sub=47&PID=10315
- Recycling Paper Notebook A4, https://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=12&Sub=47&PID=5032